What makes a great leader today?
Problem: The leadership development programs that are based on success models for a world that was, not a world that is or that is coming.
Question: Why are the leadership gaps widening when there’s so much more investment in leadership development?
What makes a great leader in the 21st century?
- Where are you looking to anticipate the next change to your business model or your life?
- Answer in Calendar.
- Who are you spending time with?
- On what topics? Where are you traveling?
- What are you reading?
- What is the diversity measure of your personal and professional stakeholder network?
- Your capacity to develop relationships with people that are very different than you.
- Great leaders understand that having a more diverse network is a source of pattern identification at greater levels
- You have people that are thinking differently than you are
- Are you courageous enough to abandon a practice that has made you successful in the past?
- Go along to get along
- Great leaders dare to be different
- Great leaders don’t just talk about risk-taking, they actually do it
- Great leaders think differently and are willing to join you in taking a courageous leap
- These are people preparing themselves not for the comfortable predictability of yesterday but also for the realities of today