Enjoyed this TED Talk: 3 questions to ask yourself about everything you do by Stacey Abrams
Stacey Abrams was the first black woman in the history of the United States to be nominated by a major party for governor, shares the lessons she learned from her campaign for governor of Georgia, some advice on how to change the world.
Highlights from her talk:
- Three questions to ask yourself about everything you do:
- What do I want?
- Why do I want it?
- How do I get it?
- Be aggressive about your ambition. Do not allow setbacks to set you back.
- Understand your mistakes. Also understand others mistakes.
- Three things that always hold us hostage:
- Finances – overcome the obstacles, shames, challenges
- Fear – Figure out how to get around it
- Fatigue – Don’t get tired of trying, it is an opportunity to evaluate how much we want it