தாவீது தன் ஆடுகளை மேய்ப்பவனாக இருக்கையில், தேவனை தன் மேய்ப்பராக உருவகப்படுத்துகிறார். ஒரு மேய்ப்பனாக, தன் ஆடுகளுக்கு என்ன என்ன செய்யவேண்டும் என்று நன்கு அறிந்திருந்தான். அப்படியே, தனக்கும் தேவன் செய்கிறதை நினைத்துப்பார்க்கிறான். இதுதான் சங்கீதம் 23.
Enjoyed this TED Talk:
Lessons from a Silicon Valley maverick – new ways of working and collaborating by Patty McCord
Patty, shares an unorthodox view on working and collaborating in tech industries.
Some of her views:
- If you join a firm and you’re paid 20% below what you’re worth in the open market for talent, you will never catch up the math of a six and a half percent merit increase. Budget simply doesn’t work in your favor – leave your company to get paid what you are worth! It’s your career.
- Annual performance review – everybody hates it. The givers, the getters, the administrators don’t measure whether or not it improves anybody’s performance or the performance of the businesses. We all do it pretty much the same way. Can’t we do better than that?
SonarQube is an open source quality management platform, dedicated to continuously analyze and measure technical quality of a project. SonarQube, with the help of SonarQube scanner, will analyze the project and produces the detailed report. It allows analysis in the following methods:
- SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild: Launch analysis of .Net projects
- SonarQube Scanner for Maven: Launch analysis from Maven with minimal configuration
- SonarQube Scanner for Gradle: Launch Gradle analysis
- SonarQube Scanner for Ant: Launch analysis from Ant
- SonarQube Scanner For Jenkins: Launch analysis from Jenkins
- SonarQube Scanner: Launch analysis from the command line when none of the other analyzers is appropriate
Expert advice need not always come from experts. Even small advice from non-expert saves entire system from catastrophe!
[You can replace advice with ideas or anything that suits]
Julian, trains his audience as to how to speak so that people would listen to the conversation. He lists seven deadly sins of speaking which we need to move away from.
- Blame thrower
- Embroidery, Exaggeration
- Dogmatism (bombarding others with your opinions as if they are true)
Lisa Bu, who wanted to become Chinese Opera Singer, lacked support from adults. She took books as her companion. According to her, from the books she read, she satisfied her hunger, found her role model, learned to be efficient and even traveled abroad to read some books which was banned in China.
There, Holy Bible gave her an epiphany to Honor mother and father from the fifth commandment. She started her habit of comparative reading, reading books in two languages.
Have skill-set to shine? Then join a workplace where you can prove your skill-set.
Choose the one which is growing than the one which has already grown. Latter has more people like you, where you would be one among them. But the former would have less probability of having much like you. Prove and be the leader there!
Already the leader? Target the next target higher than yours.
Enjoyed this TED Talk:
How to save the world (or at least yourself) from bad meetings by David Grady
Meetings are important, collaboration is key to the success of any enterprise, well-run meeting can yield really positive, actionable results. But global epidemic is MAS – Mindless Accept Syndrome – accepting bad meeting invitations – invites without agenda or information about why you were invited to the meeting.
What makes a great leader today?
Problem: The leadership development programs that are based on success models for a world that was, not a world that is or that is coming.
Question: Why are the leadership gaps widening when there’s so much more investment in leadership development?